How about some homemade Larabars?
- 1/2 c. pecans
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/2 c. almonds
- 1/2 c. dried fruit
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. pitted dates
- 2 tbsp honey (or agave)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp Sunbutter w/flax seeds
What you do:
1) If your nuts aren’t already the “chopped” variety, give them a coarse chop with a knife.
2) In a food processor or blender, add the nuts and pulse until small chunks. Put in bowl.
3) Chop or put the dates in a food processor and pulse until “gooey” for lack of a better word. Add to bowl.
4) Repeat above step with the chocolate chips if you’re using them.
5) When all nuts, fruit, and chocolate are in the bowl, add in the egg, honey, and Sunbutter and mix thoroughly.
6) Line a 9X9 baking dish with parchment. Yes, you MUST use parchment. Otherwise, it will stick and be a mess and you will hate me and it will NOT be my fault.
7) Press down mixture thoroughly and evenly.
8) Bake at 250 for 45 minutes, until middle is firm.
9) Let cool completely and cut into bars.
10) Wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap for a quick grab.